The Bank Dishonored a Lawful Money Check for Deposit - What Now?
1. Get an email or written communication from the bank of such a denial.
2. Get a copy of the check that was dishonored.
3. Find a local attorney who will represent a case for <$5,000 due to the bank's violations
b. Unlicensed Practice of Law (giving advice on what indorsement one should write OR what indorsement is acceptable as a non-party)
4. The bank will often just attempt to settle out of court for less + attorney fees. Accept this and an agreement that the bank will accept all future indorsements or face similar lawsuit.
The Only Legal Reasons for The Dishonor of a Check
1. The check is overwritten. 2. Signature is absent or does not match with the sample kept by the bank. 3. The name of the payee is absent or not clearly written. 4. The amount written in words and the amount in figures do not match. 5. The account ...
Can A Bank Refuse to Keep My Account Open Because of A ‘Lawful Money Demand’?
No! All banks (federal, state, public) have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. While there is a clause that permits the bank to close down accounts for any reason – legally they cannot exercise that option unless they are losing money ...
Why Can’t One Get Gold for My Lawful Money Demand?
Federal Reserve notes serve as lawful money upon demand, the bank will not give one any other kind of money: US Bank Notes, Gold Certificates, Silver Certificates, stamps or united States Postal money orders. Do not ask for any special form, many ...
Can A Check Made Payable To LLC Be Deposited To Trust Bank Account
No; however, the LCC/entity can sign a check over to the Trust - which then allows the Trustee to deposit said check into the Trust bank account now.
Income Taxes and Lawful Money
Under its power to borrow money, Congress is authorized by the Constitution to contract debt, and whenever something is borrowed it must be returned. When Congress spends the contracted private credit, each use of credit is debt which must be ...