What If Entity Has No Registered Agent To Send Lawsuit Complaint To

What If Entity Has No Registered Agent To Send Lawsuit Complaint To

A complaint and summons (i.e. lawsuit) must go to the "Registered Agent" of the corporation, or to an officer, director, or managing agent of the corporation. If it is not a corporation, then list the owners of the business as the defendants. If there is no record of the corporation's registered agent or principal place of business, sue the corporation in any county where it does business.

If there is no record of that business as a corporation, then go to the Register of Deeds Office in the county where the business has an office. The Register of Deeds, which is in the courthouse, has the names of owners of businesses in its county. Write the business owner's name on the court papers as the defendant. If the Register of Deeds Office does not have information about the owners or their addresses or about any registered agent, sue the business in any county where it does business.

A process server may try to serve the business through the Secretary of State. If this continues to be unsuccessful, the court case can proceed without their knowledge. Often leading to a default judgment.
    • Related Articles

    • What If Someone Is Trying To Deliver Service Of Process (Serve A Lawsuit)

      If the process server is attempting "scare tactics" - with enough confidence (and never identifying oneself or age) - the server can be told to leave the property or area for disturbing the peace. Do not answer any other questions, do not engage in ...
    • Who Is Recommended As A Registered Agent

      Utilize our recommendation list to secure a registered agent for $50 / year or less! We update our list to insure every listing here is the lowest price available online. Alabama: https://alabamaregisteredagent.com/  Alaska: ...
    • How Does One File A Court Case

      If one has a trust already, one can actually file for FREE by filling out a form called Application for Indigency by the Clerk of Court. By filling out this form with all "zeros" one will automatically qualify for free legal services (except ...
    • When Is A Registered Agent Required

      A registered agent is required when registering a S Corporation, C-Corporation or LLC in a state that is NOT the state one physically lives in.
    • Can One File Additional Lawsuits

      Absolutely! Anyone can repeat the small claims enforcement process using ANY other legal statutes. One only needs to add ONE NEW STATUTE VIOLATION to file a new lawsuit. Each lawsuit costs a creditor/lender an average of $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 for ...